Different Types Of Metal-Free Restorations in Cypress, TX
Metal-free restorations are the latest cosmetic dental treatment for restoring damaged or decayed teeth. Unlike traditional metal-based restorations, such as amalgam fillings or metal crowns, our Cypress, TX, practice offers metal-free restorations that are made of tooth-colored materials. They blend in perfectly with your natural teeth, giving a more lifelike appearance to your smile.
They have various types, depending on the extent and location of the damage, such as:
- Tooth-colored fillings: These are made of composite resin, a mixture of plastic and glass, that blends with the natural shade of your teeth. They require minimal preparation, and we can use them to fix chips, cracks, or small cavities.
- Porcelain crowns: Also called tooth caps, they cover the entire visible part of your tooth. Porcelain crowns mimic the natural translucency and color of your teeth. They are strong, durable, and resistant to stains.
- Porcelain bridges: These are fixed prosthetic devices that replace one or more missing teeth. Porcelain bridges can restore the function and appearance of your smile and prevent the shifting of your remaining teeth.
- Inlays and onlays: These restorations repair teeth that have moderate damage but do not require extensive tooth prep for crowns. They are made of porcelain or composite resin that match the shade of your teeth, enhancing your smile.
Advantages of Metal-Free Restorations with Us
The primary drawback of metal fillings is that they look unappealing, especially on front teeth. But with metal-free restorations at our Cypress, TX, practice, you can have the confidence to show off your radiant smile. They offer many benefits, including:
- They look more natural and harmonious.
- They do not create dark or gray lines along your gums or reflect unnatural light.
- They are biocompatible and do not cause any allergic reactions or tooth sensitivity.
- These restorations do not corrode or release toxic substances into your mouth.
- They require less tooth removal and bond securely to your teeth.
- With proper oral hygiene maintenance, they can last for many years.
Schedule An Appointment
Don’t compromise your smile aesthetics with metal fillings. Get better cosmetic solutions at our practice with metal-free restoration in Cypress, TX, and let us help you achieve a picture-worthy smile. You can call us at (281) 262-2332 to book a consultation.