What Is Dental Bonding, And How Does It Work?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure that involves the use of tooth-colored resin to correct minor imperfections. It is a safe and easy method to enhance the beauty of your smile within a single visit. If you have any of these cosmetic dental flaws, teeth bonding in Cypress, TX may be the best solution for you.
Chipped or Cracked Teeth:
The composite resin used by your dentist in dental bonding can streamline barbed chips and cover cracks. The tooth-colored resins help in matching with the color of your natural teeth and help in filling up the gap caused by the missing teeth.
Spaces Between Teeth:
People may have gaps or spaces in between as a result of tooth loss or extraction. This can make them excessively hesitant about their smile and can influence oral well-being. Our Cypress, TX, dentists can fill those spaces with tooth-colored resin.
It’s normal for teeth to stain, particularly in grown-ups who smoke or have tanked a great deal of tea or coffee. Bonding addresses staining that couldn’t be tended to through teeth brightening, restoring your brighter smile.
Uneven Slight Misalignment of teeth
Teeth can get worn out or are of different sizes, some being smaller than others. Bonding is a method for causing an irregularly sized tooth to look like the others in your mouth.
Exposed tooth roots
Dental bonding is the most traditional option for exposed tooth roots. It’s directly shaped onto the tooth and, later on, cured in place with the help of bright light. This will mask the visibility of the root exposure.
Benefits of Choosing Dental Bonding with Us
This procedure is widely preferred by patients because it offers many benefits, which include:
- It is a minimally invasive treatment that does not require detailed tooth preparation.
- The procedure usually takes a single appointment.
- Composite resin is available in a variety of shades, so we can choose the one that best matches your teeth.
- It quickly masks dental imperfections to restore a stunning smile.
- It delivers aesthetically pleasing results within 30 to 60 minutes.
- This treatment is more affordable than other cosmetic dental procedures.
Procedure And Steps For Dental Bonding in Cypress
The initial step of cosmetic dental bonding is a consultation with our Cypress, TX, dental experts. During the appointment, we will perform an oral exam to assess dental imperfections. If we deem that cosmetic bonding will be beneficial for you, we will discuss the details of the procedure.
- Shade Selection: To begin the treatment, we will first use a shade guide to choose the right shade of composite resin that closely matches your teeth.
- Prepare Tooth Surface: Next, we will make the tooth surface ready by applying an acidic solution. This promotes better adherence to the bonding material.
- Mold the Resin: After rinsing and drying, we will mold the composite resin over the defective area to match the natural contours of your teeth.
- Final Touch: We’ll harden it with a curing light and perform polishing at the end to give it a seamless finish.
Materials Used For Dental Bonding at Our Facility
For correcting dental imperfections with cosmetic bonding, we use tooth-colored resins that blend seamlessly with the shade of your natural teeth. Composite resin is a mix of plastic and glass, which adds to its strength and translucency. It bonds chemically with the tooth structure to provide durable results.
Are There Any Risks Or Potential Complications Associated With Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a safe procedure with minimal risks or complications. Because it has a conservative technique, your tooth structure remains intact. The only complication you may face is the breakage of the bonding material. Keep in mind that the bonding material is not as strong as the tooth enamel, so it may chip or crack if you bite something too hard. Overall, tooth bonding in Cypress, TX, is a safe and convenient option for achieving a cosmetically appealing smile.
What Maintenance or Care Is Required To Prolong Its Lifespan?
The results of cosmetic bonding can last for 7 to 10 years with proper care and maintenance. However, you may require repair during these years if the resin gets chipped or broken. We also instruct you to avoid consuming products with strong pigments because composite also tends to stain like natural teeth.
Brush and floss your teeth regularly to avoid plaque and tartar deposits. It also helps to prevent the discoloration of the resin material. Avoid biting on hard objects like a pencil or bottle cap with the restored teeth. If any issue arises, consult our dentists for immediate treatment.
Get The Perfect Smile You Desire
Dental imperfections may take a toll on your confidence, but you do not have to suffer the consequences for long. With dental bonding in Cypress, TX, you can have a flawless smile within a single visit! Contact us at (281) 262-2332 to book an appointment today.